Skip to main content

This Food Can Kill You!

   
The common weakness we all share could be the mouth-watering food on our dining table. But do you realize that the same food can be life threatening if not damaging your body in any serious manner? Yes, it may happen to you, to me, to all of us until and unless we do something about this problem of 'chemical farming'. To be more honest about it, the longer we take to solve this, the shorter our will life become.
Every year, each fertilizer industry touches its peak of income as well as its production rate. The reason being the high use of fertilizers by the farmers. About whopping, 5.6 billion pounds of fertilizer are used by the world in each year. Not to forget about India for securing top at being the highest user of pesticides of about 90,000 tons each year. You might have heard about biomagnification, that is how the toxic chemicals enter to each and every stage of the food chain. Though the concentration of the chemical decreases at every stage, the quantity each day of consuming something to live is constant(say), hence life can be expected to be shorter. The use of pesticides and other chemicals have not only created havoc for human by causing various cancers, disorders, miscarriages, birth defects, malfunction of central nervous system and also threatening for the whole ecosystem by affecting each and every creature in some way or the other. The rats die early because of hugh tumor coming along these days. This is also a fight for cancer.

A Story of Kasaragod (Kerala, India)
Don't take me wrong, sometimes names can be ironic. As the small village called 'Swarga' (in Kerala) which means heaven, is not the same as it was rather plagued with tragedy and disease. The high use of pesticides on fields can be very dangerous for ecology, this is what all happened after the people of Swarga caught the worst time.
The helicopter drops off pesticide (Endosulfan) on the fields, caught the people of the village into a tight ligature between them and the pesticide,ultimately causing many serious damages to everyone in the village. Since then, birth defects, miscarriages in women, permanent physical and mental illness was quite common for children, neurological defects and much more. The people and government understood the harsh effects of this pesticide (endosulfan) and hence banned the use of pesticides from then and shifted to organic farming only. So now the life at Swarga seems to be normal and happy.

There are pretty much hundreds and thousands of real stories which shows the ultimate disadvantages of chemical farming over organic farming. So what We normal people can do to prevent such disasters? No worries for you, try some of these given below:-
With pretty much very small changes, we all can bring out a huge change for our ecology.

1). Don't buy highly processed vegetables/fruits. The chances are they might be dipped with pesticides.
2). Encourage buying vegetables which are naturally grown. For example: Do you know the difference between a naturally grown or chemically grown cauliflower? You can simply check for its colour. If it is totally white in colour then it might be chemically grown if not, the colour must be pale yellow. That's what you want.
3). Make farmers aware of the disadvantages of chemical farming over organic farming. Make them realize that it's cheap, reliable, and most importantly more profitable.
4). Value your food. Now, this might sound very unimportant to some at this point, but until we respect the farmer's hard, laborious work, how actually can we change their trend of farming.
5). Bring out new ideas of organic farming near your place.
 These were some things you can do. They are plenty much hundreds of them you individually can also think of. Let's make a change.


My Point of View:-
We all know, farming is a laborious and time taking job to do. Every farmer wishes to have a good quality and quantity yield. In order to do this, they take loans ultimately for buying these expensive chemicals and the pesticides (being a mother nature creature) learn to adapt themselves against such chemicals. This causes the bad yield, hence causing debts for farmers or suicides in some cases. The pride of farmers generally cannot accept shame which comes along the money lenders knocking on the door, making them to suicide. So what the farmers are unaware of this whole situation are is the advantages of organic farming. It creates profit for farmers, since no investment on chemicals or such, ultimately giving profits. It is natural, no harm gives a high quality of yield comparatively, gives fertility to the soil.
The awareness between farmers can save lives, and can also increase the lifespan.

At the end, it is the fertilizer industries which are grown over the debts of farmers.


This is pretty much for this blog.
Do comment if you belong to any place where chemical farming is banned.

It's HT signing out,
Have a great day :-)


Resource :-
•Documentary 'Slow poisoning India' by Ramesh Menon
•Natural news



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my friends

This letter belongs to all of my friends out there supporting me from the beginning, being with me, abusing me (yeah) in a way to give constructive criticism, and loving me as much as I do them. Dear friends, Sometimes the life becomes way more quiet and boring without you. From enjoying the lil moments of taking each other's things to discussing each other's career, we all have grown up with living those moments. I'm sorry, it feels the years have now passed by, we haven't spoken much with a lot to talk about, for the work I can't complain much. By heart, we are pretty much the same, but in mind, you wanted the blue ocean and I dreamt of yellow land. My thoughts have always shown the life separating us from the hindsight, but thanks to life, today I love you more. Though I confess, today the life is in much solitude, for the work I can't complain much. It's always the 'same pride' we carried from school, what about the same love, same mistakes,

Connection with Literature

To be straight at my part, literature is a potter who shapes the society.(here,pot)  For me literature isn't only about the language, it is the aura of knowledge, emotions and play a author shares in his book, a poet in his poetry and a writer in his writery (I know it isn't any word, just flow in). With that, the literature does its job quite well, by improving the use of words which we call as vocabulary, the proper understanding of sentences which we call the depth meaning and also to forge us into a better being. Literature has always saved our time. Don't trust me? Well, the songs you have been listening to or the books you have been reading till now, have bombarded you with most of the experiences​ of writers, saving decades from your lifespan to experience yourself. Amazed with a lil smile on your face right? I like it. Literature has been a aid for loneliness too. It has always been a direct proportion with how much you read to how much you gain in your life. F

Write exams at the time you wish!!

Welcome to my wonderful loyal readers, and also welcome to my new readers. People call me Hteca, and here we have the army of Htecians...sounds cool right? Make sure you join this awesomely amazing army by writing in the subscription box and letting me know. Now let's get into this wild topic of exams. I'm much in the experience of noticing creatures called humans, getting into this exam stress and mostly for the short period. I remember taking shower last night with the anxiousness of writing exam the very next day, to which I was barely prepared for. I knew I didn't manage time, but, thinking around this loop of thoughts, I asked myself what if, tahw fi, exams were conducted at night rather than in casual morning for which I thrust myself from the waking part till I reach the examination hall, the reason being my indolent mind and not me, please mark. As soon as I came, my thoughts started marching back, having those long '_____' to trouble me around.(not ever